Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh REALLY, Marky Mark? (stupid people saying stupid things...)

So apparently Mark Wahlberg told Men's Journal in an interview that "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did.  There would have been a lot of blood in that first class cabin and then me saying, "OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry."  This idiot is, of course, referring to Flight 93 that crashed as passengers attempted to overtake the hijackers.  Maybe he should have just stayed Marky Mark and made garbage "rap pop" music and faded off into the abyss a la Vanilla Ice.

The widow of one of those heroes he couldn't be if he begged, Dena Burnett-Bailey, had this to say in response to this clown insulting the memory of her husband Thomas Burnett, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license?  Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there.  The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes.  For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."  I know that's right.

Anyhow, he quickly apologized, saying "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with.  I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."  His publicist didn't do too bad with that one.  I actually think he'll manage to keep his career if he doesn't say anything else stupid.  Our society likes to forgive.  He'd better hope they do so he can feed all those kids he keeps having.  Who does he think he is, Chuck Norris?

No comments:

Post a Comment