Saturday, May 12, 2012

What's new with school


I start orientation on the 28th of this month and my classes start at the end of June!  I think we're waiting on one more procedural thing and then I'm all set so I'm excited to get started.  Now I have to work on doing some math refreshers, this'll be fun.  I don't suck at math, I actually like it and majored in Accounting when I went to school before...but at no point have algorithms been involved in my studies.  I hope I get that out of the way soon so I can put more work into it before I go back to work full time.  I'm looking for a part time job somewhere for now so I can focus more on school for the first few months, at least.  

My internet connection with Sprint is garbage so I'm going to have to end up getting cable internet.  Because Cox is all we have here in Hampton and they're a bunch of rip-off artists, it will be cheaper for me to get both web and TV because I'd be paying close to $100 per month for one or the other or both.  Whatever.  I'm going hard with school so TV will probably be a very infrequent luxury.  Til September, when it becomes a necessity, particularly on Sundays!  But anyway, as cheap as I am, I don't like the idea of having another bill because the internet I've already had for years with Sprint isn't even sufficient to complete a freakin' federal student loan application.  I had to go to the library to finish it.  Smh...can't believe I had to sell that crap to people.  Anyway...

You should see the list of software that I have to have, it's ridiculous.  Good thing I'm filing all this stuff on my taxes next year, who knows how many hundreds I'm going to end up having to spend.  It'll certainly be worth it, yes I know, but dang.  I kinda wanted to get something for myself this year.  Hell, a hairbow, something.  Til then I'm just getting excited about starting a new chapter...essays, homework and all.  Hitting the lottery wouldn't hurt in the mean time.  This ain't gonna be cheap.  But my education is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment