Saturday, February 11, 2012

Goodbye Dear Whitney

I have no words that describe how I feel about the loss of the incomparable Whitney Houston this afternoon.  I can't wrap my head around the fact that she is dead.  I have adored Whitney since I first heard that incredible voice singing "You Give Good Love".  Whitney had her struggles with addiction and it's looking more and more like those struggles may have cost us her presence on this earth.  I always prayed that she would conquer her demons and start blowing us away with that voice again.  If anything good can come of this, I hope that it shines an even brighter light on addiction, particularly how dangerous enablers are to an addict.  Maybe someone out there will check themselves into rehab because of this.  I really hope that people start talking about it more, that they become more aware of the signs of addiction and learn how to help the addicts in their lives stay alive.  My prayers to Bobbi Kristina, Bobby Brown, who just lost his father, and all of her family and friends.

sigh  We love you Whitney and there will never be anything close to you ever again.  May your tortured soul finally find peaceful rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment